SmartICE is hiring a seasonal/part-time community knowledge coordinator for Cambridge Bay.
• Duration: Late September 2023 to June 2024 (8 months), and the following year
• Hours/Pay: 15-20 hours per week, $25 an hour
• This job posting is NOT for SmartICE operators
SmartICE is the community sea ice monitoring service for Cambridge Bay www.smartice.org.
SmartICE is partnering with the community on a new project to document and share important Inuit sea ice knowledge to support safer sea ice travel around Cambridge Bay.
We are looking for Inuit youth interested in learning more about the community’s sea ice Inuit
knowledge from Elders and experienced hunters, and being trained to:
• hold workshops and meetings
• make posters, books, and maps for their community to share this knowledge and
• learn how to monitor sea ice conditions using satellite data.
Training will take place in the community along with in person and on-line classroom with other
Inuit from across Inuit Nunangat. Some travel will be required to an annual training workshop in the
• No sea ice experience necessary, just an interest to learn.
• Basic knowledge of how to use a computer and mobile phone.
To apply or for additional information on this opportunity please send an email on or before
September 14, 2023, to:
Leanne will be in Cambridge Bay September 17-23, 2023, to conduct interviews and start working
with the successful applicant.
Leanne Beaulieu Sikumik Qaujimajjuti Mapping Specialist