This is an opportunity for youth interested in environmental monitoring and technology to support safe travel in their community by participating in SmartICE sea-ice monitoring operations.
Youth recruited for this position will:
• Take part in a SmartICE operator training program and will learn how to operate or deploy SmartICE’s SmartKAMUTIK and SmartBUOY technologies.
• Support the local Nunatsiavut Government Conservation Officer in monitoring sea-ice safety with the SmartKAMUTIK on a regular basis during the ice season.
• Learn about equipment maintenance procedures and sea-ice safety measures and may develop new land-based skills or knowledge of local ice conditions and features.
• Support the communication of sea-ice data to their communities
• Participate in employment readiness training to develop skills that can be applied in future employment or education
If you fit these criteria, SmartICE is looking for you!
• 18-30 years of age
• Available to work 15-20 hours per week from February to May
• Interested in technology, environmental monitoring, or communications
• Interested in supporting sea-ice safety in your community
• Interested in developing personal and employment skills
• Understanding of the importance of job safety, accountability, and mutual respect in the workplace
Dates: To be Determined
Rate of Pay: $20/hr
If you are a youth in Nain interested in participating in this program, contact:
Rex Holwell, SmartICE Manager of Nunatsiavut Operations
Phone 922-2074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rex Holwell Manager of Nunatsiavut Operations