A little about SmartICE:
SmartICE is an award-winning technological innovation for the North. We are the world’s first climate change adaptation tool to integrate traditional knowledge of sea ice with advanced data acquisition and remote monitoring technology. Our system combines these approaches to provide invaluable, data-driven insights into sea-ice thickness and local ice conditions, in near real-time. We embrace a business model that aims to expand opportunities for economic and social development in northern markets while preserving local cultures and lifestyles. SmartICE is a not for profit social enterprise. Our tools offer information that support better decision-making across numerous industries. From mining, shipping and fisheries, to emergency response and national defense – SmartICE offers enhanced clarity for environmental monitoring and situational awareness in the north. To learn more about what we do visit www.smartice.org. To help us facilitate our rapid growth, we are hiring a Procurement & Logistics Coordinator.
Procurement & Logistics Coordinator
The Procurement & Logistics Coordinator will contribute to stages of the entire life cycle of SmartICE equipment. This will start at the procurement process for raw materials, through production, logistics, maintenance, storage and finally developing end of life scenarios for retired equipment. The Procurement & Logistics Coordinator will handle the challenges of working in Northern environments including shipping, logistics and managing delays. Also, they will work with the operations team to ensure technology/tools are delivered in community, ready for training and deployment. This position will be based in St. John’s and will be integral part of the technology team working closely with both the engineering and operations team. (Closing Friday, April 21st).
● All tasks relating to packing, shipping, and tracking delivery of SmartICE equipment
● Manage and maintain SmartICE parts and material inventories
● Manage ordering, order tracking, and delivery activities in order to meet agreed upon shipment deadlines
● Establish best practices related to shipping, inventory management, and procurement processes
● Research and source inventory for manufacturing of SmartICE technology products including creating request for quotations (RFQs) and purchase orders (POs)
● Responsible for organizing and maintaining Tech Shop for all production equipment
● Assist with the assembly and manufacturing of SmartICE technologies when required
● Other assigned duties
● Graduate from post-secondary institution or equivalent experience
● Project management skills
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Have the ability to work well with others or independently
● Exceptional MS Excel Skills
● Exceptional organization
● Valid driver’s license
● Experience with basic hand tools and mechanical assembly
● Experienced in procurement process and has knowledge of best practices
● Experienced in shipping and receiving processes and has knowledge of best practices
● Understanding of Lean manufacturing and workflows
● Experience developing and managing product life cycles
● Experience with technical writing
SmartICE embraces diversity and a culture of belonging in the workplace. Applications from Indigenous, 2SLGBTQ+, Black, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities are encouraged.
Please direct all applications to email@example.com
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Tyler Spurrell Technical Operations Manager